The following steps will take you from registration through scheduling your road test.
1. As soon as you receive our information call us, mail or stop in to register for an upcoming class.
2. You must be 15 ½ years old to receive your state instruction permit (temps) from our local Department of Motor Vehicles. An ideal age to begin class would be 15 to 15 + 3 months (or older).
3. You may begin your behind the wheel in car lessons while you are in class or when class is completed as long as you are 15 ½.
4. From the time you receive your temps you must wait 6 months until you are eligible for your road test. We will schedule your behind the wheel lessons after you receive your temps and we suggest you schedule one per month for the six-month period. Save your last lesson until right before your road test and the instructor will give you pre-road test reviews to get you ready!
5. You must schedule your first behind the wheel in car lesson within 60 days of receiving your temps. This is a state law. The road test can be scheduled at http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/schedule.htm
6. You may schedule your road test any time within eleven weeks (no sooner) prior to the end of your six-month waiting period. Tests are scheduled electronically by calling the state Department of Motor Vehicle agency.